Friday, July 11, 2014

A Morning in Mayapur

From a journal entry awhile ago...

Wow. I am so in love with Mayapur. The deities here emanate love. They emanate sweetness and magnanimity. Every single person that I meet is a true Vaishnava - an example of kindness, sweetness, patience, tolerance, and of paka principles.

I chanted japa in the temple this morning, I was a little out of it. But slowly, slowly, I warmed up. Some men sat down to sing the most heartachingly beautiful bhajans, and I let my mind absorb in that poetry of music. The music soothed my mind - so much that I didn't want to leave, just stay in the templeroom with the curtains closed. I felt such shelter from the world in the templeroom. No plans, no drama, no one to meet, no one to talk to... just chanting and receiving darshan of the Lord. 

2 comments:

Preetam said...

I love the "no plans, no one to meet" bit...

Anonymous said...

Love, Sweetness and Magnanimity!!! Now, that's a morning EVERY soul should be longing for!!! Hare Krsna...Mayapur ki Jai!!!


To write is to dare the soul. So write.