Friday, October 24, 2008

Grace

Grace
dedicated to Radhanath Swami
on the occasion of his Vyasa Puja, 2008

swimming
gasping
burning for air

For millions of years
I was swimming
gasping
burning
drowning.
I was desperate
for refuge.

One day
Somehow
by grace
someone saw me.

He reached out
and clasped my hand.
He pulled me to shore.
And when I could breathe
he placed
a seed
in my trembling hand.

Never
ever
let go
of this seed
of devotion,
he told me.
Tend to it
with love.


He began
to walk
and I began
to follow
in his footsteps.


brahmana brahmite kona bhagyavan jiva
guru krsna prasade bhai bhakti lata bija

3 comments:

Manivannan Sadasivam said...

I'm touched Bhakti latha... Only a Guru can lead us to the shore.Wishes for your divine journey!

ramesh sadasivam said...

For the one who gives us the seed of devotion, we owe our life.

Anonymous said...

Simple and awesome ..!!


To write is to dare the soul. So write.