Monday, June 18, 2007

Reminisce...

Sometimes my mind turns to Mexico and the beauty and adventure of such a vivid country. The photos transport me right back there, so here is a little photo essay to glimpse into the eye of the winter 2005 - 06 Bus Tour.
Group shot at Mexico city temple. I believe one of my coolest experiences in Krishna Consciousness happened here. After the Sunday Feast kirtan, most of the Bus Tour troupe left during Bhagavad-Gita class for the simple fact that, well, it was in Spanish. And yet I stayed... and understood every word. I sat there, utterly enthralled. I experienced - didn't just read about - that Krishna philosophy reaches into every corner of the world, no matter the culture or language. Srila Prabhupada ki, jai!On top of the Pyramid of the Sun, you can see the Pyramid of the Moon over our shoulders. Yeah, this WOULD be those ghastly pyramids where they sacrificed millions of people to the Sun God, believing the sun would not rise if they didn't do so.
 We rocked it out in La Plaza de Los Toros in Mexico City. In about twenty minutes, hundreds of people in the Plaza were dancing with us. We were already 45 minutes into 2006 before I glanced at the giant clock and realized it was a New Year.
A clearer idea of the insanity. And no, that's not really Bus Tour or Mexico devotees. Those are the Mexicans.

These little Mexican village boys were hilarious! (Spiderman? Batman?) They joined us for campfire bhajans and LOVED us.Turns out they loved Lord Jagannath, too. Check out the boy in the striped shirt's expression.

I was singing in the shade when a boy that I had been playing chess with earlier made his way over (and eventually his papa and uncle). I then smiled and shared in my halfway-Spanish the beauty of chanting. Christmas Day in Mexico, and we got some snow... well, from a distance. We shared our realizations of Christmas and feeling humble while in the presence of this breathtaking mountain, El Popo.
This sunset in Acupulco stole my breath away. I went on a long walk away from the crowds and the soccer games that lined the entire beach. I sang Mama Mana Mandire.

"Oh, please, Krishna Murari, may you always reside in the temple of my heart."

No comments:


To write is to dare the soul. So write.