Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Namesake

brahmanda brahmite kona bhagyavan jiva
guru krishna prasade bhai bhakti lata bija

"There are innumerable living entities traveling throughout the different planets of the universe, and out of them there are a few who are fortunate enough to meet a pure devotee and get the chance to understand devotional service. This devotional service is just like a seed, and if it is sown in the heart of a living entity, and if he goes on hearing and chanting Hare Kṛṣṇa, Hare Kṛṣṇa, Kṛṣṇa Kṛṣṇa, Hare Hare/ Hare Rāma, Hare Rāma, Rāma Rāma, Hare Hare, that seed fructifies, just as the seed of a tree fructifies with regular watering."

- Bhagavad Gita 10:9 Purport




1 comment:

Path Finder: Satya said...

Hi Bhakti Lata,
I have started reading your blog posts and I am very happy to hear lot of word about our Supreme. I am a material attracted guy attracted to various materials. Even then While I was chanting Hare Krishna Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare, Hare Rama Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare truely from heart I have experienced the happiness and feel some freshness in it.

My worry is even though I am experiencing the Lord grace in terms of inner happiness I am getting attracted to the material world and sometime I am forgetting Our Almighty which in turn making me nothign to think about my self..

What you said is exactly correct, Even I have to bow my head to the person who spelled this MAHA mantra in my ears..

-Satya


To write is to dare the soul. So write.