Sunday, August 12, 2007

Bus Tour Glories


This Bus Tour blows my mind. There have been moments in the past two weeks when I wanted to capture every image, every emotion in my head - like a camera - to carry around with me always. I have been breathtaken by nature so many times that the song Mama mana mandire runs through me constantly. I take in royal blue lakes, crystal clear streams, mighty oceans, emerald green forests, thousand-year-old trees...

Ah, yes, the bhajans. Bhajans on the bus, bhajans in a cement corner while it's raining (ON US), bhajans at a rest area, bhajans under the trees, bhajans around the campfire... I feel my passion for bhajans igniting once again like a powerful fire.

And of course, the people. The people ARE the Bus Tour. I find myself breaking out of my comfort zone and connecting with people I never thought I would. I feel inspired, uplifted, and also bittersweet, for this may be my last summer tour.

Time flows on. And on. And here is a meditation that I have been pondering all summer, "Time I am, the great destroyer of the worlds." - Bhagavad Gita

No comments:


To write is to dare the soul. So write.